Friday, August 1, 2014

Altered Storage Jar

Welcome back! Are you ready for another fun project? Jamie here, and today I have a fun altered jar to share with you. So let's get started on how it was made.


I started by simply wrapping a jar with bakers twine.


Next, I painted a chipboard arrow with white acrylic paint, then drew an outline with a black Zig Millennium pen.


Next up, I inked the back of an acrylic text bubble embellishment from JnW Crafts with white StazOn. Next, I colored the edges with a black Sharpie. Then I stamped the sentiment with black StazOn ink.


Once the ink was dry on the acrylic embellishment, I adhered both the arrow and the text bubble to the jar, then added a few flowers on top.


To finish the jar, I added a few drops of Stickles to the flower centers and then added a mini light bulb.


This will make a wonderful, decorative addition to my shelves. And a much prettier way to store my paint brushes. You could also use this jar to store your colored pencils and markers too.


Thanks for stopping by! You can find the text bubble, along with many other items in our store.

No comments:

Post a Comment